Friday, March 21, 2014

25K Tomorrow!


Haulin' in the Holler!


Tomorrow is the day! My first 25K and first trail run!! Oh Dear Lord, Help me! haha

After getting bad blisters from my Nike Trail shoes and not having enough time to figure out what will help, I've decided to just wear my Brooks Pure Flows and hope I don't lose too much traction.

Thankfully the weather looks like it's going to cooperate. High 62, which is fantastic! There is a 30 percent chance of rain, but hopefully it will hold off! The shoes won't be a big deal, I'm thinking, unless it gets really muddy. As of right now, the trails should be dry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they stay that way!

Day Mar 22
Few Showers
62°FHigh
Few Showers
Chance of rain:
30%
Wind:
W at 9 mph
Cloudy with a few showers. High 62F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Also, to cut down on some weight, cause mine is back up a couple of pounds (I don't know why, I've been tracking, but it's whatever), I'm going to just use my handheld water bottle instead of the pack that goes around my waist. It just gets too heavy and gets on my nerves! The jacket I'll be wearing has plenty of pockets for my GU and Clif Shot Blocks. I'll also carry my headphones in case I want to listen to the new playlist I put together.

So any goals for this race?

1. Finish under 4 hours would be nice.
2. Finish under 5 hours.
3. To Finish.

Not lofty I know, but really what can you expect from a first time race. Any finish is a PR!

I'm still really nervous though. And for some odd reason, I'm really sore. I went over my scheduled mileage on Tuesday, but I don't think that was it. I rested yesterday and today. I'm hoping with some ibuprofen, I should be good to go tomorrow.

Well I should get back to work ;) I'll update tomorrow if I can lift my arms and I don't get lost in the wilderness of West Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment