Friday, February 28, 2014

Its Only Been a Month!

Its only been a month since my last post. Haha.

I've got a few things to update about. First is the hilliest 5K I've done to date!

The morning started out so so so cold and snowing. So I debated on going at all. (Okay not really, cause I had paid for it). I went and there were only around 20 people that showed up. I know they had more that signed up for it, but I guess the other people were too scared to try it out!

Worst picture ever...except for my pup.
 
 
 There were so many hills! I'm going to be honest. I walked up most of them. They were just ridiculously steep. And just about everyone walked them, so I didn't feel too bad.


 
 
 
It was all worth it though for the post race homemade pumpkin soup! MMMM!



Sweetheart 5K
I finished in 34 minutes. Definitely not my fastest, but with all the hills, I'll take it. Due to the small amount of people, I even won first place in my age category! Woot woot! haha


I've also been enjoying my new bike trainer indoors, since it's been too cold and snowy to ride outside. I also had to take my bike to the shop since it was skipping gears and not acting right in general. I think they bike guy knew I didn't know much about bikes when I came to pick it back up because he said my bike needed some loving :( It was probably from the couple of falls I had during the summer!

But mostly, I've been running. Only three more weeks until my first 25K and trail run! EEEP. I got a new pair of my beloved Pure Flow 2's, but I'm still thinking I should check out some trail shoes for this run. I guess I better get a move on if I want to break them in before the race.
 
Look how fast I went! 10 miles in 11 minutes! Yeah right! Apparently the cap on the time is one hour and 40 minutes. Random. I'm definitely ready for Spring time. I'm ready to run outside! It's so much harder to get motivated to run when I have to go downstairs and run on the treadmill. I miss the sunshine and the trees.

To deal with the winter weight gain, I've started counting calories this week. I just couldn't control myself and wasn't gaining anything, but I haven't been losing weight either. I've already lost 1.6 pounds this week! I've been using the "Lost It" app on my android phone. So far, its very easy to put in my food and let's me know my deficit for the day, including when I put in my exercise. I feel better already and more in control. These past few months have made me realize just how unhealthy my relationship with food is. I can't help but eat something and then immediately feel a ton of guilt afterwards. With counting calories, I feel like I can eat guilt free as long as I include it in my daily calories.

Lastly, I did something that is freaking me out. I signed up for my first bike race. Well it's more of a charity ride. But still, I'll be riding 31 miles with other people! There were four distances to choose from 18, 31, 63, and 112. I decided to go with 31 so that it's enough of a distance to be a real challenge, but nothing as overwhelming as 63 or 112. I also haven't done many hills before so I have to work on that before July 19th. The proceeds go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). I've decided I need to get a proper helmet now instead of my Walmart one with the visor. And maybe some biking shorts too. Gotta protect the womanly bits!

I also am going to try to do a three day bike trek to support the American Lung Association, but I'm still working out the details of that. I have to raise $500 to participate, which makes me nervous. I'll update more on that if it comes to fruition.

As you can see, I'm still around, just haven't been on the computer much. But I'll make sure to update on my races!




No comments:

Post a Comment