Saturday, December 14, 2013

Holiday Bust

I am still alive. I have not fallen off the Earth. And I've not been harmed in any way.

The move has been exactly what I was afraid of. I've fallen into some old bad habits, such as drinking soda more than I should. And I was being so good with that!

I feel like my eating is still out of control. I am slowly getting better. I started a full time job last week and the routine is helping me. I've started exercising a little bit. I worked out three times this week and hope for four better ones next week. I think I'm going to have to start what I've been dreading.... morning workouts! UGH! I'm so not a morning person! But every evening something happens and I get side tracked.

For example, one day this week I had every intention of having leftovers when I got home and then doing my workout. What happened instead is my boyfriend decided he wanted anything other than the leftovers that I had planned and wanted to go out to eat and then wanted to do some grocery shopping and run some errands. Unfortunately, I let him talk me into it. After we did all that and got home, it was time for bed!

I did say no to going over to his parents house yesterday because I knew I needed some peace and quiet. Honestly, I almost had some hot chocolate and vegged out on the couch, but I just knew I would feel so much better if I did some running or walking. So I did that instead and did some crunches and hand weights. And guess what! I did feel a thousand times better. I got a second wind and felt much happier with myself.

Today we went to see the Hobbit, did some Christmas shopping and watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad (love it by the way. Its weird but so good! I know I'm late on this band wagon). While my boyfriend watched the end of a hockey game I decided to get on my treadmill and walk with a 5 percent incline. I did that for twenty minutes until he was ready to watch another episode. No, it wasn't much, but it's so much better than nothing!

Now if I can just relearn how to say no to people, which will come in time, things should look better. I'm sad to say I've gained almost ten pounds since I've moved. Blah! And I can feel it. I feel so unhealthy and jiggly and just gross.

Okay, so my plan is for this week:

 Get at least four workouts in (try some morning workouts!).

Choose healthier options for dinner. Dinner is usually wear I do the most damage these days. So just concentrating on dinner will really help I think.

No soda this week. I have two parties to attend. I'll make sure to bring some juice to one to mix with my rare alcohol consumption if there is any and the other one is a work party for my boyfriend so I'll just have water. Parties with friends or families are usually the worse. To counteract that I need to start making tea that has little to no sugar in it so that I'm not tempted!

Winter and the holidays are the worst for losing weight and being healthy when it doesn't come naturally.

Oh and I really will try to make more of an effort to write. I might even take a picture of the scale next week. Eeeeep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment