Saturday, December 21, 2013

Failed Week

This week was yet another fail! I continued to drink soda, ate without abandon, and didn't get even four measly workouts in! (I had three workouts that actually count as workouts). It will get better, it will get better, it will get better!!!

I was stupid and let my emotions talk me out of working out as planned on Thursday. For some reason when I get mad, I just want to eat junk food and wallow and not workout. Do I think that gets back at the person I'm mad at?? No, I just feel like crap, let my anger grow, and don't let it out constructively.Yeah, I'm a work in progress that's for sure!

Thankfully it was in the upper sixties today (wth right?) and I not only walked the dogs this morning, but went on a run after we ran some errands and before a work party. Unfortunately, yesterday I was just lazy and didn't workout in the morning. I did lift boxes full of books all day, does that count for anything? (The only thing it counts for is making my sciatica act up! haha).

Needless to say my weight is still at 170. Oh and get this. My feet and legs are retaining water. This never happens to me! Sign that I'm eating too much salt and not enough water!

So my goal for this week, yes I have goals for Christmas week, is to drink more water everyday, get FOUR workouts in at least, and try to make better choices where food is concerned. I know Christmas will probably be a bust, but I also don't have to keep eating and eating and eating. Small portions are my best friend and I need to be reacquainted with her.

I can really tell that I've gained weight. Running is harder, I feel like my stomach is sticking out worse than usual, and I just feel gross. Ten pounds might not sound like a lot to some people, but when you've worked so hard to lose weight, ten pounds is disheartening and frustrating. But I will not let this get the better of me of course. I'm starting to really feel the need to go back to telling people no, passing on desserts, and being picky about where I eat out. It's freaking worth it and I have goals in 2014 that I want to accomplish damn it! Food is not more important than that!

On that note, I'm going to catch up on some Biggest Loser and continue to enjoy my holiday vacation! Happy Holidays everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment