Saturday, November 18, 2017

Spirit

Today was one of those days. A day that starts off decent enough, tired of course, but nothing out of the ordinary. Then “It” hits. “It” being an over pouring of emotions, the blues, maybe slight depression. It comes every once in a while, even before the baby. Today the feelings came hard when I had decided to get off my butt and get a walk/run in. Then the boy decided he was fussy. Then hungry. And there went my plans. I just felt like I couldn’t do anything anymore. 

Of course, I was being dramatic. After feeding him I took Mattie out and went outside. It was cloudy and extremely windy, but not cold. It felt so good. 


I’m taking it slow and easy of course (no other option really, ha). I did a 5 minute warm up, then ran one minute and walked two for 20 minutes, then a 5 minute cool down. 

I was in much better spirits when I got home! Exercise does the body and, more importantly, the mind good. 

And I was able to enjoy cuddles from this cutie when I got back. (Even if he was still cranky!). 


I didn’t eat that well today, over ate mostly, but I’ve been keeping steady in at least tracking my food on SparkPeople. I’ll get better at getting my calories down. Just taking one step at a time right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment