Thursday, June 6, 2013

Aftermath

After the half marathon on Saturday (!), I've been feeling rather sluggish and, let's be honest, fat. I was sore for two days and now I'm trying to heal from my bike wreck (yeah I don't know why I'm still in pain either!).

Yesterday I finally went swimming at the gym for 30 minutes. I tried to do pull ups on the side of the pool, but got a huge shock of pain through my wrist. It hasn't been right since the accident either. I'm thinking I pulled a ligament or something.

Today I walked on my treadmill for 31 minutes with a 2 incline. I felt pretty good, but could still feel a little twinge in my right knee. Therefore, I'm sitting here with ice on both of the knees while I type this.

I've mentioned this before, but I eat just about every two hours. This is usually okay with me since I need the energy to workout. However, since I haven't been working out and certainly don't have the intensity in what little workouts that I do, that I'm used to, I feel like my eating has been out of control. I've maintained my little weight gain from a couple of weeks ago without gaining anymore, but it's certainly not the direction I want to be in. I don't know if I'm just bored and therefore eat constantly or maybe I'm not drinking enough water. I don't know, but I'm ready to get back to exercising regularly and to get my eating back on track.

The last two days I've been tracking everything I eat. I've gone over my allotted calories (the amount that I can eat to lose weight, according to Sparkpeople.com). A lot of it is fruit, but I've been dipping back into my sweet tea and just not thinking about what I eat before I put it into my mouth. Again, I'm not eating horrible foods, but just too much of everything. Even healthy foods in overabundance is not a good thing. I hope rest this weekend will get me out of my funk. Perhaps I just need some sunshine! I've already implemented a plan at work to only bring a certain amount of food to eat that way I can't eat too much there. And I'm going to try to drink a lot of water after dinner and no food after 7.

On a happy note. To celebrate my half marathon, I went out with my sister and got a pedicure on Monday! This is only the second time I've ever gotten one and my feet enjoyed it. My calves especially enjoyed the little massage they give.


This stuff was awesome. Just like Icy Hot!



I'm the one in the green sandals.

Alright, so I'm going to keep tracking, try to get in my exercise as best I can, and nothing but water after 7! I CAN do this. I really want to be fit and as little as possible before my next half in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment