Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ghostly Legs


Little late on getting this up, but this week has been a bit crazy. I went to my hometown this past weekend, had a great time meeting up with friends, going with my family to the circus, and then some shopping with my mom. Then I returned home, went to spin class with some strength training on Monday, 6 Miles on Tuesday, and today I'm riding my bike on the rail-trail. What's been crazy though is that I'm cleaning my house and getting things ready for my father to move in! He got a job up towards my home and is going to live with my boyfriend and I for a little while.

So anyway, this weight loss journey is all about pushing myself out of my comfort zones so that I never go back to my sedentary life. Last week I did something waaaay out of my comfort zone. I signed up for a multi-sport club! I haven't heard anything from them yet, but I'm sure I will soon. This is going to be so uncomfortable for me. One, I don't particularly like working out in front of other people. Two, I'm worried I'm going to be the slowest one there! and Three, meeting all kinds of new people is a little daunting. I'm an introvert by nature, so putting myself out there and on this blog is sometimes terrifying!

The other thing I did to push myself out of my comfort zone is to get and wear running shorts. I have never before run in shorts. As a bigger person the less skin you show is usually more comfortable, so I never wear shorts! But they felt great in the hot weather and just may be my new favorite thing to run in. Try not to be blinded by my ghostly white legs! What can I say, I don't like tanning beds and like I said before I never wear shorts! (Those are my dogs, btw. Just added them in there because they are cute, lol).

Guess I should get back to work. I'm excited for the upcoming weekend. I'm headed to Tennessee for a 5K and hopefully a PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment