Thursday, May 23, 2013

Knee Update and Freaking Out

Omg, omg, omg, omg! My FIRST HALF MARATHON is in a week and one day and I can't run right now! Needless to say I AM FREAKING OUT! Capitol letters freak out!

Since my bike crash last Friday, I've only run 3 miles, which was on Sunday. Since then it has hurt too much to run. So I've been using the elliptical and I'm taking today and tomorrow completely off to hopefully heal it. The bruising is getting better, it got pretty ugly, and the swelling is finally going down. I'm just praying that it's okay so that I can get a long run in on Saturday morning. Eeeep. My last good run was two weeks ago! I've barely run in two weeks!

Breathe, Alisha, breathe.

So I think at this point I'm not going to worry about any time goals and just concentrate on finishing. The course has a downhill trend, so I feel confident that I can do it, even if I have to walk. I would say that my other goal is to walk as little as possible. My training run this weekend will make or break my confidence I'm afraid for my race. I would like to do 11 miles, but it all depends on how I feel. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Fudge!


No comments:

Post a Comment