Friday, July 19, 2013

Weigh-in



I have no idea why this is coming through sideways.
This is not a picture from last week. This is my weight this week. Yup, same as last week. Obviously things didn't go quite according to plan, but I have a couple of reasons this might have been. The big culprit is unfortunately "Aunt Flow". Ugh I know. Another reason is the heat and I've been kind of down lately (which now may be explained by the first reason).

This is what I looked like after my four(ish) mile run yesterday. Pretty I know. I'm not sure of the exact mileage because my Motoactv started going kind of crazy. It would quit working and then start all over again. I don't know. Hopefully it'll be fine the next time I use it. 

Anyway, all these things combined have led me to eating my weight in watermelon, skipping my spin class (that may have been laziness), and just not feeling like I want to work out. Everyone has down times when it comes to fitness and this is that week for me. I have a long run tomorrow morning, which hopefully I can get my butt out of bed before it gets miserably humid outside. Then Sunday I have a family reunion. I might take my bike with me and get a ride in, but I'll see what the weather is saying. We've had a lot of storms lately.  

This week wasn't all that I hoped that it would be, but they never are. Just keep moving forward and try to make a better decision at the next crossroads. At least I didn't gain, right? Yup, need to get focused, haha.

Perhaps one day I'll overcome emotional eating. Exercise definitely helps with that, but sometimes it happens. I tend to be a lot better at controlling myself when I can go outside, but like I said, it's been storming every evening. I also realize that I'm doing it now. This is new. I realize it, accept it, and try not to let it get out of control. And it hasn't really. I've just been eating too much fruit and not stopping when I'm full! Tummy ache tomorrow anyone. Eeep especially on my long run. Yep, I bet I'm going to regret all that watermelon and salad.... Okay, I'm going to go find something to do so that I'm not sitting here, bored and tempted by my kitchen. 

Have a good weekend and make at least one healthy choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment