Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weigh-In #2

Sorry I forgot to post my weigh-in yesterday, but I did take the picture:

Down two pounds! Couldn't ask for anything better than that! And please ignore my toe nail polish that needs removed....

Obviously this week went pretty well. Thursday West Virginia had gorgeous weather and I was so excited to go on a run. I had gotten busy that day and didn't eat a real lunch, just some yogurt and a granola bar. Therefore I decided to eat dinner when I got home and then go on a 4 miler. Bad, horrible idea. I guess I drank too much because a mile in I got horrible stomach cramps and I could literally hear the liquid swishing around in my gut. Not fun. So I ended up having to walk most of it. I still got the four miles in, but it took me over 50 minutes! It was still a nice walk though, lol. I saw at least four deer! And the trees were lush and bright green from all the rain we've been having here.

I will make a confession though. I exercised less this week than I had planned. But I still got my important runs in, but I actually think my body might be appreciating the little break. Is it possible that I've been working out too much? I don't know. I know that I like riding bikes and running, so I probably won't slow down on that front just because my weight goes down, but it's nice to know I can take it easy on some weeks and still lose weight.

This week was a big week for me. First my car got hit....again.




I've only had this bumper a couple of months after someone rear ended me in a four car accident. Then on Monday an ambulance hit me with their big steal bumper. I'm not upset about it, accidents happen, but I can't believe I have to get it replaced again!

Then yesterday (Friday) I finally told my boss some news that made me feel relieved. I'm not ready to reveal the news yet, but I definitely feel better that I don't have to hide it any longer from my work.

Big 10 miles this weekend. It's raining right now, so I'm going to hold off for either this evening or tomorrow and see if it clears up. There's no way I'm doing that long of a run on a treadmill!

And apparently this is going to be a very random post. A lot of people may hate the summer heat, but come on, you have to love the fruit summer brings. I've been loving watermelon, blueberries, cantaloupe, and peaches. and grapes. and apples. See, I love it all! Fruit really helped me stay on track at my family reunion last weekend and it helps when I have the munchies. Most of the fruit is full of water, this satiates thirst while providing a refreshing snack. Can't wait for Fall, but yeah, I'll definitely be sad when all of this goodness isn't in season any longer. Enjoy it while you can!




No comments:

Post a Comment