Sunday, April 14, 2013

7 Minutes

I had 9 miles on the schedule for today. After doing some tempo work this week and my 2 miles under 20 minutes yesterday, I decided to try to pay more attention to my pace. I wanted to stay under 10 minutes during my running because I include a walk after every mile. I usually just walk a tenth of a mile, but today I decided to keep my walking under a minute.

The result: I beat last week's 9 miles by 7 minutes! Woot Woot!

That averages out to about a 10:30 pace. I can handle that. Some of my runs have been more like an 11:30 or 12 pace! I've got to pay more attention because there's no reason I should go that pace. I guess I can start setting a time and distance goal and my Motoactv might tell me to speed up if I'm going too slow. Maybe I'll try that this week.

If I keep this average pace up I should definitely hit my secret goal of doing the half marathon under 2:30. I know I'm not supposed to put a time constraint on my first half, but under 2:30 is pretty lenient!

Now for some Cinderella duties around the house. Oh the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment