Sunday, April 21, 2013

Milestones

In June 2011, I started a version of Couch to 5K. The plan was similar to the Hal Higdon plan, but was from Sparkpeople. I worked all summer long to reach the 3.1 mile goal. I had signed up for a race that October. The plan and the goal of running a race honestly changed my life forever. I cannot say enough about how running and Sparkpeople (I'm aliwvu121 on there btw) has given me a whole new outlook on life. Although I still don't fully appreciate the way my body looks, I am immensely proud of the fact that body has taken me places and distances I never dreamed I could do. Hello Triathlon, hello 5k's and 10k's.

First 5K in October of 2011

First Sprint Triathlon August 2012


I had a lot of time today to think about how far I have come and how much further I want to do. I had a lot of time during my first DOUBLE DIGIT RUN!





It was definitely hard, but I pushed through and with an average of 10.30 mile, not too shabby! I started out running over a 15 minute mile. That is, when I built up to a mile.

So much of weight loss is mental, so keep up determination and consistency. Support definitely helps, but when people in your household may not want the same things you do, you need to find another way to get that support. It might be through friends, an online community (Such as Facebook, Sparkpeople, My Fitness Pal, a Blog, etc), or reading other people's stories. That is another thing that has really kept me determined to get off the couch and keep up with my exercise and keep counting calories. Seeing that other people can get up and have these amazing experiences through fitness keeps me wanting more.

Lots of milestones this week! I reached my original goal weight of losing 80 pounds and my first double digit run!

I hope other people reach a milestone this week, whether it be weight loss, record of not binging, fitness related, food related, whatever! Have faith and be determined to reach your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment