Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Importance of Good Shoes

I was talking with a friend the other day about running the half marathon in June. He is supposed to do it with me, but has been having knee issues. I told him I had knee issues until I got new shoes. This made me start thinking about my shoes. So I decided to try running my easy three miles yesterday in my old shoes.

Oh My Goodness! My right knee hurt so bad after just a little while. I almost didn't make it through my three miles!

I've also been thinking about shoes because I have gotten blisters on the ends of my toes. Okay, I have extremely long toes, but my feet started hurting pretty badly on my 8 mile run on Monday. However, like I mentioned the other day, I bought shoe inserts to help with the discomfort in my plantar fasciitis area. So I don't know if its the shoes or the inserts that are hurting. I had some rubbing before, but not this bad. On the other hand, I've upped my running, so it could have been the shoes all along and it has just gotten worse. Tomorrow I'm going to run my four miles without the inserts again and pay more attention to my toes.
My first pair of running shoes.
After tomorrow, if my toes hurt, I'll go Friday to the local running shop and see if I can get a pair that has more toe room. I don't want to spend the money, but it can't hurt to have a couple of shoes to choose between anyway.

I also have to get a new pair of headphones....I maybe sorta kinda washed/dried mine. I forgot they were in a jacket that I put in there :(  RIP headphones.


And I should be able to run outside tomorrow and the rest of this weekend! Yay for good weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment