Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spontaneous Moment

So this might have happened yesterday...I blame a boring day at work.






I signed up for a half marathon that is two months earlier than my original first half marathon was going to be!! The great thing about this being my first is that it's mostly downhill. Hopefully this will make it slightly easier and less likely that I'm going to die??

I made up a training plan. It's the first training plan I've ever made, so hopefully I stick to it. I just wanted something personal instead of trying to follow one of the million training plans out there. I left it at work, so I'll post it here later.

I went out last night to meet some old co-workers of mine, some who I haven't seen in almost two years. They all just kept talking about how good I looked and were amazed that I had lost over 75 pounds. I got embarrassed, but at the same time it's nice to see someone's reaction from someone I don't see all the time. I hardly notice the differences sometimes, so it was nice to get an outside perspective.

I have been so thankful lately that I like running and biking and that I like doing these races. I just don't know if I could have kept up my weight loss without all of this. That's the key though. Find something active that you can get passionate about and just go for it. Get out of your comfort zone, eat things that are going to help you achieve your passion, and put it all out there!

Hope you all have a lovely day. Mine is going to be filled with work, running 5 miles, dinner and then watching Walking Dead (love that show and most zombie books btw ;) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment